Saturday, December 28, 2013

Request from Aaron Hawkins



My name is Aaron Hawkins and I am trying to get some genealogy information
from Zimbabwe and I was wondering if you might be able to help me?
I found your information on the Zimbabwe GenWeb site.
Specifically, my wife's great-grandfather died in Zimbabwe and is buried in
Harare. I have his death notice and death record.
He died in 1927 and, at the time, it seems there was only one 'main'
cemetery in Harare/Salisbury?
My request may be well beyond what you would be willing to do, for which I
apologize, but this man's son (my wife's grandfather) is still alive and
never really knew his father, as he died when he was just 2.
We would love to know if there is still a stone with his name on it in
Harare and as I understand it there is an index at the cemetery that allows
for a relatively easy look up.
I would be more than happy to wire a courtesy fee to someone in Harare who
might be able to go to the main cemetery and take a picture of his
tombstone.
I'm attaching the death record in the off chance you might spot something on
it that is helpful.
Would you be able to let me know if you have time or would be willing, or if
you could refer me to someone who might be able to assist with this request?
Many thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Aaron Hawkins Aaron Hawkins [akhawkins@gmail.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment